Washington DC has always attracted young professionals launching their careers. As these professionals find career stability, many are leaving the hustle and bustle of the city to purchase homes, start families, and focus on work-life balance. Many of the most popular homes are within 30 miles of the capital city, which provides professionals with a residential retreat and an easy commute. As this moving trend continues, a few area neighborhoods stand out from the rest for their amenities, community life, and real estate opportunities.
Five Up-and-Coming Neighborhoods for Young Professionals
In the suburbs of Washington, DC, professionals often find larger real estate lots and homes priced more reasonably than city-center residences. They can invest in the features they want to enjoy when they walk through the door at night and enjoy the experience of a smaller and more connected community. The following neighborhoods offer a little something for everyone:
- Ballston. A blend of urban and suburban life, professionals can choose among luxe townhomes, amenity-friendly condos, and side-street residential homes with picturesque yards. Enjoy walking distance to a thriving mixed-use community, and watch as locals continue to update and refurbish area buildings to better serve changing demographics. Ballston is an inviting space for young professionals who enjoy trendy restaurants, open- air markets, and local artistry.
- Falls Church/Lake Barcroft. Those who live in Falls Church and around Lake Barcroft enjoy access to two very different lifestyles. In the town, locals enjoy close proximity to Seven Corners – a diverse and sprawling shopping destination. Nearby residences offer ample yards with various architectural styles. Out near the private lake, individuals and families benefit from a laid back lake community and large, secluded homes. Paddleboard, kayak, or go boating on summer weekends without running into public access crowds. The friendly neighborhoods of Falls Church deliver the right balance between rural tranquility and urban excitement.
- Brambleton. A relatively new neighborhood in Loudoun County, Brambleton is an innovative and modern place to live. Residents here enjoy unique access to technology-driven infrastructure. From center of town to the farthest home, the area boasts walkable streets, inviting boutiques, and access to a 15-acre mixed use park. Those searching for homes with the latest fiber internet connections and built-in community amenities such as maintenance, healthy living initiatives, and recreation facility access will find these benefits in Brambleton.
- Reston. Live in one of five villages connected via 55 miles of walkable pathways. This desirable community features Metro access and a number of other amenities within walking distance. The town’s center offers local shopping and restaurants. Head out into the community to find golf courses, lake access, and other recreational opportunities. Once purely suburban, the Reston area is now booming with an urban vibe. Several recognizable companies also call this community home, including Google.
- Merrifield. Positioned between Fairfax and Falls Church, Merrifield boasts the area’s Mosaic District and walkable amenities. With green spaces, Metro access, retail shops, and other attractions, young professionals who want an active community and social life will love the modern community spaces in Merrifield. A mix of small town living and big city style makes this neighborhood a popular living space.
Each of these accessible, attractive, and growing communities offers something unique to the locals who live there. If you are considering moving, contact us today to discuss all the great Northern Virginia neighborhoods you can move to.
Comments are closed.