When it comes to coffee you can find a Starbucks just about everywhere — and we count at least 10 locations in the McLean area — but there are plenty of other coffee shops and other cool places where you can get your coffee fix in and around McLean.
Here is a look at 10 alternatives to Starbucks:
1. Republik Coffee Bar (7915 Jones Branch Dr, McLean)
This D.C.-area craft coffee brand started in Ballston and chose McLean for its second location. Located at Kettler’s Highgate at The Mile, a mixed-use development, Republik’s specialty is nitro cold brew.
2. Greenberry’s Coffee (6839 Redmond Dr., McLean)
This small artisanal coffee chain started in Charlottesville in 1992 and the McLean downtown location has been a meeting spot for years. The store had a grand re-opening in 2014 under new management.
3. Post Coffee Bar (7902 Tysons One Pl, Tysons)
Located at Tyson’s One near the Metro stop, this place serves brew with a view of the Tyson’s are on its terrace. Come for the coffee, but many stay for their selection of donuts.
4. Turkish Coffee Lady (Tysons Corner Center, McLean)
Located in the middle of the Tysons Corner mall this place is perfect pick-me-up for shoppers. Turkish coffee and tea is offered in authentic serving sets and don’t forget the baklava.
5. Bourbon Coffee (7900 Westpark Dr, McLean)
Bourbon offers direct trade coffee from Rwanda. There are only eight locations in this “crop to cup” chain which started in Rwanda in 2007.
6. Star Nut Gourmet (1445 Laughlin Ave, McLean)
Besides coffee you can get everything from New York bagels to gelato at this place with a side helping of hometown atmosphere.
7. Ebar (Nordstrom’s in Tyson’s Corner Center, McLean)
Located at Nordstrom’s at Tysons Corner, this place has some of the friendliest baristas in the area.
8. Caffe Amouri (107 Church St, Vienna)
This cozy cafe wins the ambience award. You will find weekend regulars enjoying their French-pressed coffee and muffins.
9. Shilla Bakery and Cafe (1961 Chain Bridge, McLean)
Traditional Korean concepts meet European influences in this place that offers fresh-brewed coffee to go with yummy treats.
10. Sweet Stuff Deli (8108 Old Dominion Dr, McLean)
If you are looking for 100 percent Columbian coffee and the best Panini in Northern Virginia then this is the place.
Comments are closed.